Bicycle Tour Discounts & Details
BIKE TOUR DISCOUNTS
If we miss applying a discount to your tour registration, don't be shy about letting us know and we'll correct it. We look forward to having you on tour with us!
Early Registration Discount
Be one of the first six to sign up for any continental US tour, excluding cross-country and epic tours, and receive a 5% discount on that tour. Reservations must be at least 90 days prior to departure. Please see the individual cross-country and epic tour pages for early registration discounts that apply to those tours.
Double Tour Discount
Take two domestic tours in 6 months and receive a 10% discount on the second tour. This discount does not apply to cross-country and epic tours. If your second tour taken within 6 months is outside of the USA or in Alaska, then you receive a 5% discount on the second tour.
Bring a Friend Discount
If you are returning to tour with us and bring a new guest with you, you’ll both receive 5% discounts. The tour must be in the continental US and not an epic or cross-country tour. If you bring more than one new guest with you, they’ll each receive 5% discounts, but you can only get the discount once per tour.
Pay by Check Discount
Pay by check, cash or money order and receive a 2% discount on any tour. Your payment must be received by the balance due deadline and in US funds. We can also accept wire transfers to qualify for the 2% discount. Please contact us for our bank details.
The combination of discounts cannot exceed 15% per person per tour. All discounts (except the 2% pay by check discount) are not applicable to single upgrades, bike rentals or shuttles.
BIKE TOUR DETAILS
We require a deposit of $400 to secure a space on our shorter tours. You may pay the deposit by credit card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover) using our secure payment page or by mailing in a check. You’ll be taken to our secure site after signing up for a tour. Please see below for our cancellation policy regarding this deposit. For our epic and cross-country tours, we require a nonrefundable and nontransferable deposit of $300. Our longer tours require many resources to plan and conduct, so we need to know we have enough women interested in these tours to keep them on the schedule.
We accept payments for our tours by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, check, money order and wire transfer. If you would like to pay by check or money order in US funds, we will give you a 2% discount on the amount if it’s received by the due date. Final trip payments on our shorter tours are due 120 days prior to the tour start for international trips and 75 days prior to the tour start for tours within the US. If you sign up within 30 days of the tour, full payment by credit card is due upon registering. Please see the specific epic and cross-country tour descriptions for information regarding our payment, cancellation and transfer policies for those tours.
We always recommend purchasing travel insurance. It can cover your expenses should you need to cancel your trip. There are several different levels of insurance. Some plans cover the cost of the tour and your travel expenses while others cover only emergency evacuation insurance. You are free to obtain insurance from any carrier but we can recommend Allianz Travel Insurance. Many of our guests have used them in the past and never reported a problem. Be sure to enter ACCAM code #F027213 to identify yourself as a WomanTours traveler when securing your insurance.
Please visit the website for more information about Allianz Travel Insurance.
"I also want to Thank You for recommending travel insurance! It was essential for $122. I believe my hospital bills will be covered or minimal, but the primary benefit was leaving it to them to arrange my way home with an EMT medic. I couldn’t fly from Tucson because the planes were small and required climbing a dozen stairs. They arranged a comfortable car to Phoenix, 1st class seats and a comfortable car to my home. All in all, life is good."
Susan S., Fairfield, CA
We understand that personal circumstances sometimes force women to cancel their travel plans. Therefore, we have tried to be as generous as possible with the following policy for our shorter domestic tours. Please note that this policy does not apply to our epic and cross-country tours. Please see those tours for their specific cancellation guidelines.
- 75+ days before tour departure: forfeit $150 of your deposit.
- 50–74 days before tour departure: forfeit 25% of the complete tour price.
- 30–49 days before tour departure: forfeit 65% of the complete tour price.
- 15–29 days before tour departure: forfeit 85% of the complete tour price.
- 0–14 days before tour departure: forfeit 100% of the complete tour price.
- No refunds are possible after the tour begins.
In addition, you may transfer $350 to another trip up to 75 days before departure. On domestic US trips (excluding Alaska,) you may also transfer 50% of the trip price, less $50 up to 30 days before departure. WomanTours will hold any “transfer funds” on account through December 31 of the following year. Any money left on account beyond this deadline will be forfeited.
- 120+ days before tour departure: forfeit $150 of your deposit.
- 75-119 days before tour departure: forfeit 25% of the complete tour price.
- 50-74 days before tour departure: forfeit 65% of the complete tour price.
- 30-49 days before tour departure: forfeit 85% of the complete tour price.
- 0-29 days before tour departure: forfeit 100% of the complete tour price.
- No refunds are possible after the tour begins.
In the rare case that WomanTours must cancel a trip due to low enrollment, we will do so at least 45 days (or 90 days for international tours) prior to departure. If we cancel fewer than 45 (or 90) days prior to departure, we will issue you a full refund plus a $500 credit toward any of other tours.
Severe Weather & Health & Political Emergencies
Over the years at WomanTours, we've learned that while we can have a terrific time rain or shine, weather can become severe and have safety implications for our tours. We've had a lot of experience on our tours with severe weather, such as tornadoes, wildfires, hurricanes, thunderstorms and floods. We've had less experience with adverse political events and pandemics, but our policy is the same.
As the progression of these events can be highly unpredictable, we've learned to continuously monitor the situation to assess the impact on our tours and the safety of our riders, both before and during our tours. We've developed the following guidelines.
- If there is a weather event, political crisis or health emergency before a tour that has caused a mandatory evacuation or the closing of our planned accommodations and there are no suitable substitutions, we will cancel the tour and issue a full credit toward a future tour.
- If there is a weather event, political crisis or health emergency before a tour and our planned accommodations remain open, WomanTours will conduct the tour as long as the area is deemed safe for cycling. We reserve the right to make route and lodging modifications as needed.
- If there is a weather event, political crisis or health emergency during a tour, the guides will work with the WomanTours staff to design an alternative itinerary that keeps everyone safe. In some situations, our guides may cancel bicycle rides and alternative activities will be organized as appropriate.
In all cases, WomanTours will not be responsible for individual travel expenses, injury, loss, damage of property, etc. due to weather, political or health emergencies.
On our tours, you’ll be required to follow the safety policies and procedures of WomanTours, Inc. and our guides. You’ll also be required to sign a Participant Assumption of Risks, Acknowledgment of Inherent Risks and Indemnity Agreement in favor of WomanTours, Inc. upon your arrival to the tour.